Wednesday, September 28th, 2022
All three London Bridge attackers named
June 6th, 2017 at 8:58 pm
All three London Bridge attackers named

International desk – Police have released names and photographs of three suspected London Bridge attackers who were shot dead eight minutes after they used a van and knives to kill seven pedestrians.

The law enforcers named the third suspect on Tuesday as 22-year-old Youssef Zaghba, a Moroccan-Italian man.

Pakistan-born Khuram Butt, 27, and Rachid Redouane, 30, both from Barking were the other two attackers, according to BBC.

The broadcaster reported that another victim has been named as Australian nurse Kirsty Boden, 28, who her family said had run towards London Bridge to help people.

Seven people were killed and 48 injured in Saturday night’s attack – the three attackers were shot dead by police.

Zaghba, Butt and Redouane drove a hired van into pedestrians on London Bridge at 21:58 BST before stabbing people in the area around Borough Market.

Armed officers killed all three within eight minutes of receiving a 999 call.

The Metropolitan Police said Butt had been subject to an investigation in 2015, but there had been no suggestion this attack was being planned.

British Prime Minister Theresa May says she expects a review will be launched by the police and security services following the attack, amid an election row over police numbers

The Metropolitan Police said a 27-year-old man had been arrested in Barking on Tuesday in connection with the investigation.

A property in Ilford, east London, was also searched by police at about 01:30 BST, but no arrests had been made, the police said.

All 12 people arrested on Sunday after the attack have now been released without charge.

The so-called Islamic State (IS) group has said its “fighters” carried out the attack.

An Italian police source has said that Zaghba, who lived in east London, had been placed on a watch list, which is shared with many countries including the UK.

In March 2016, Italian officers stopped Zaghba at Bologna airport and found IS-related materials on his mobile phone. He was then stopped from continuing his journey to Istanbul.

newsnextbd.com/n