No militant will be spared, says home minister  
January 6th, 2017 at 4:01 pm
No militant will be spared, says home minister  

Dhaka – Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan on Friday said no militant will be spared as the law enforcers have been on hunt for them.

“The militants are under surveillance, nobody will be able to escape the lawmen’s radar,” the minister said Friday after security forces killed two suspected terrorists, one of whom masterminded the attack on a restaurant in Dhaka in July last year.

Nurul Islam Marzan, the café attack mastermind, and his associates Saddam Hossain were gunned down in Dhaka’s Rayerbazar area when the security forces in a gunfight with them.

“As our stern and stringent anti-militants drives continues so the Islamists militants group have mostly been cornered,” the minister said.

The government scaled up the vigilance after the last year’s attack on Holey Artisan Bakery in Gulahsn diplomatic area that left 20 civilians, including 17 foreign nationals, killed on July 1, 2016.

Five militants and a chef, believed to be an associate of the militants were killed after the army commandos stormed the restaurant on the following morning. Two policemen were also killed during the militants’ attack.

The forces eliminated more than 40 suspected militants, mostly belong to a faction of the banned Islamist outfit Jamaatul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB). The outfit was banned in 2005 after it was blamed for attacks in public offices killing more than 30 people.

The new group was also responsible for the recent attacks, according to investigators, despite the Islamic State militant group that control a swathe in Iraq and Syria claimed that they carried out most of the attacks in Bangladesh.

newsnextbd.com/sh/n