Dhaka – At least three people have been died after they were electrocuted at their home in northern Bangladeshi district of Kurigram, police said on Thursday.
The deceased are members of a family at Khashirbhita village in Bhurungamari sub-district.
Officer Zia Latiful Islam said the accident occurred at the village on Wednesday night leaving Saifur Rahman, 25, son of Azizur Rahman, Saifur’s mother Majiron Begum, 45 and Saifur’s wife Mamtaz Begum, 23, dead.
The incident took place when Saifur was trying to repair a live electric wire at his home in the night. Electric jolt killed him on the scene, and his mother and wife died because they tried to save him.
Police rushed to the spot following information, recovered the bodies and sent them to Kurigram General Hospital morgue.